Bringing up Browns

Tuesday, January 15, 2008




"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain"







I had my first class this morning, and this is how she started class. I've thought about it all day. What have I been waiting for?? The storm to pass. It'll be better tomorrow... No. Live in it now! Start dancing!
---------------------------------------------------
Abby was all jazzed to go see her friends at the daycare they hold in the gym. She did great, and when I picked her up, the lady says she was perfect and hoped that I wasn't taking the class for her because she's a great kid. I had no words. And yet I know this. Yes, I am taking the class because she is my daughter and I need to be a better parent, and yes I know that when I am not around she does not whine and yell. Something about me brings it out in her. JB says when I am in the room she wants MY attention, and that is what her programing says she needs to do to get it. Therefore, I am taking the class to start changing the percentages of our behavior together. It was a great class, and I'm sure that saying will end up in vinyl letters somewhere in my house :)