Bringing up Browns

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"We need more tape!"

My project girl ran out of ideas yesterday as to what to craft. I suggested a paper house. "Like what momma? How big? And just use paper?" I shrugged my shoulders and smiled...and I saw the light bulb go off in her head :) she was busy for almost an hour figuring out how to construct a house and cutting up and taping cereal boxes. It turned out wicked cute and she cut out some faces I had drawn for the chore chart and taped them on the inside like photos hanging on the wall. Nice touch Sugar beat :)

Well it was HER project so she didn't let Dax help too much. So first thing when we got home from dropping her off at school this morning, Dax got right to work. I asked him about the pen behind his ear lol and where did he learn that?? "Oh yea know, build-a-bbbb...i mean builder bbbb..." and then tilted his head and kinda shook it with a little smile on his face... "You mean Bob the Builder?!" I ask. "YEA! Bob the Builder! He showed me this!" hahahaha too cute
So a half hour later and a little help from mom, Dax had his own "Gingerbread man Ginger cookie guy Ginger house place". quite the mouthful :) He couldn't wait to show Abb when she got home.
We went to the library (cus it is Tuesday) and then stopped and picked up Abb's school supplies.
 Went home and made dinner for them and then I went to a pre-birthday dinner with my girliefriends :)
Sue, Audrey, Me, Jen, Angie
We laughed and ate and laughed some more and ate way too much more.
[Angie got me the Hungergame series books and Audrey got me the 50 Shades of Grey series..woot woot! Got me some reading to do :)]
Got home and everyones in bed and asleep :) gonna put in a movie from the library...
i love being on vacation!!