Bringing up Browns

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Journey

It was has been an eventful weekend. And let me start half way through with a conversation Jb and I had. It was Saturday afternoon and we were talking about whether to hide eggs the next morning. I love the video we have of Ab from last year going around if her crazy pj's picking up and not picking up eggs. Then JB says,"I'm more about the journey.". Huh. Here's the pics from this Saturday, and then I'll fill in about the journey :) Saturday morning at 10 I went to the Burkes to hide "as many eggs as you want your kids to find". They hosted a neighborhood egg hunt for the kids. We went back at 11 and watched the the hunt. Came back to the house for lunch, trampoline time, family pic, and then nap. Dax laid right down, but when I went in to check on a talking instead of napping Abby, she was on the floor with her easter basket eating all her candy. :) Got her back in bed and worked on the rolls for dinner at mom and Mike's. We were there for another egg hunt at 5:30 and then dinner. Picked up my BRASSY apron that I won and had some good ham. Dax fell asleep on the way home, and Ab was still coming off the sugar this morning before she loaded back up.
The Journey-
  • The egg hunt at the Burkes was fun, but JB wanted pics of how I was apparently running around like a crazy chick trying to get everyone out the door.
  • The pictures turned out good, but I had to wake up a grumpy JB who was NOT in the mood to have his pic taken and snapped at me when I asked if he wanted to change out of his jacket :)

  • We made it to my mom and Mike's on time, but I had to carry a sugar sleepy Abby out to the car. We woke up a little when I buckled her in, and finally came around when we were getting on the freeway. "Where are we going?!"

It's great how he helps me see the other side, and appreciate the fun and love we have.

So our Sunday wasn't too different than normal. Ab let me curl her hair and then decided that "I don't want to look pretty!" So I took a pic. Dax was a little cranky all morning. When I went to rescue him off a box he had climbed on(and from Ab pulling him down) I ran my toe into the wall and it's bruised and hurts. We made it to church with Dax looking so cute in his big boy shirt. We sat next to the Smiths and Ab shared her jellybeans with Sarah all through sacrament.

Jb and Ab watched a movie tonight while I fed and got Dax to bed. And now JB's spell checking this for me :) It was a good Easter. It was a good weekend filled with fun journeys