Bringing up Browns

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!


We had a fun filled day! Ab cut up some scrapbook paper this morning making them into "Valentines Day". Not just valentines. :) I had a bread making cluster group this morning, and we went to Music and Movement for the first time in weeks!! Ab had a great time running around. She's never been that outgoing in class before. She played hard, and took a great nap. Right after I got her tucked in for nap, I came out and JB had texted "Tell Abby Happy v day for me". I thought that was so great of him to... to want his little girl to know he was thinking about her and loves her. It got a big smile out of her when a few minutes later she came out of her room for a potty trip.

Mr. D has been so much better about eating baby food. He prefers the veggies over fruit. Huh. We decided to get some solids in him before bed, maybe he'll sleep longer. His balance is getting so much better. The other night I was laying on the floor and he crawled over and just snuggled his head into my neck. I was talking to him and asking if he could say words, and he would just laugh. I'd say "Say mama!" and he'd laugh. Then "dada" and he'd laugh again. It was at least a couple of minutes of him just tucked up to me. Such a good feeling.

-----------------------------------------------

She's been a little Bev Tanner the last couple of days. "Helllooo!" this and "Heellloooo" that! "Mom, Heelllllloooooo! My ppaannnnnts!" Lots of laughs! That's one this I got from the parenting class this week. A sense of humor. If I can stay at level 0 and with a sense of humor, the days will be better. AND THEY ARE! It's not always easy, but at the same time- why wouldn't it be anything but fun. Ab borrowed Mary Poppins for the library and HEELLLLLOOO! Just a spoonful of SUGAR! Why am I freaking out about her putting her shoes on, or letting me fix her hair, or pouring cereal out all over the carpet, or painting on the floor instead of paper? "Find the element of fun, and SNAP! The job's a game". Yes my motherhood is my job, but crap Anna! I get to be a mother! I get to have these wonderful, independent, gorgeous, loving people BE my job. SNAP!