Bringing up Browns

Friday, April 4, 2008

bad blogger

Well, I've been slacking. We are trying to get into a schedule, and bedtime routine, that works for us and works with JB's trading. Both the kids are now going to bed at the same time. 9pm. 8:45 we need to be getting into pj's, going potty/change diaper, brush teeth, and off to bed. JB takes Ab and a couple of stories, and I do pick up/put down with D. A few weeks ago I stopped nursing in the night, and it's getting better. Then yesterday evening a thought pops into my head. How do I know if D won't take a bottle if I don't give him one? So I give him one, and he downs it! I refill and he downs that one too!!! He slept until about 2:30am, waking with a wet diaper. He went back to sleep within 10 minutes. He woke up again at 6 and I nursed him to get a couple more hours out of him. JB got up to trade and helped Ab and I slept in until 9:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D woke up a couple minutes later and I offered him a bottle and all day he took it. COLD TURKEY WEAN!! WWWWOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOO! except for the ENGORGEMENT--- it's great! I gave him a bottle right before bed, and it took about 5 minutes in his room and he was down.

So, I've totally been in denial about my 10 month old walking. I know kids have done it, and done it sooner than 10 months, but it's just weird seeing my little bald guy...

All day he loved to just roam around drinking from the bottle. He's using an old pink one of Abby's. I'll probably get him a new one- maybe blue? :)