Bringing up Browns

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stretch it out

- - - - So our camera hasn't been working correctly for months now....many, many, many months. Some how the batteries only last a day. IF that. So it's incredibly frustrating. I want to take pics but don't want to buy batteries for everyday. We tried rechargeable, but they wouldn't even last a few shots. So I get what I get and I don't throw a fit. Jb has been looking on ebay the last few days because he's been doing a few side jobs (and is tired of hearing me whine ha ha) so hopefully I will be behind the lens again soon... - - - -


I got a 'kid concoction' book from the library last week. I originally got it for a paint recipe I saw while skimming the pages. I was looking thru it yesterday and spotted this simple FUN recipe. [i tried to take pics of the kids making it, but alas...see explanation above] So we made it at noon and at 7pm the kids (and i) were still stretching and playing with it. Addictive.

FUNNY PUTTY
2 T White glue
3 drops food coloring
1T Liquid starch
1. pour glue in a small bowl and mix in the food coloring
2. pour liquid starch in a separate bowl and then drizzle the colored glue over it slowly
3. let sit for 5 minutes (the glue will absorb some of the starch)
4. stir with your finger for a few seconds and then start squishing and kneading the SLOPPY concoction until it becomes a rubber texture.
5. Have fun! store in a plastic egg or plastic bag




These were the only pics I could get before the camera died. Ugh. Try it out! Let me know what you think!!!
~also, speaking of stretching...I went to the church workout group yesterday and did more pushups that I have EVER, and my tricepts are sooooooooo sore today. It hurts to bend my elbow all the way lol sheesh